I had way too much fun in South Beach and San Francisco; returned home all jet lagged and was unable to touch base with you until now so I apologise.
Let me just say that San Francisco is on my list of places to revisit - the culture, the food, the people, that skyline - the charm of the place. I totally loved it but enough about me and my future travel plans. How have you been?
I've put together a gift for you because I believe in gifting people with what they really want but mostly with what they NEED. How many times have you asked for what you really wanted only to be disappointed when you unwrapped your gift? My promise to you: "Not this time". Feel free to thank me later.
While I was traveling, there wasn't a day that went by (I lied, there was one day - Dec. 11th - when San Francisco's 'Storm of the Century' kept me inside) without a total stranger coming up to me and complimenting me about something (this surprised me by the way) - my body, my shape, my skin, my nails or my hair. I was even asked if I was a model and quizzed about my 'secrets'. I also heard those 6 little words every woman loves to hear: 'There is just something about you'. Don't think I'm sharing this to gloat because I was also told that I was 'way too modest'. Is there such a thing?
I graciously accepted the compliments because, after all, compliments are gifts and yes, they made me feel good. I cannot be sure why, but the more compliments I received, the more I thought about what some women are really missing out on because they are not living their life in a body they love (and unfortunately, it shows). My heart went out and goes out to all women who:
- Are unhappy with the reflection in the mirror
- Totally avoid stepping on a scale or are attached to the number on the scale
- Think they will never be able to build the body they love
- Have the "That is for them, not me"; "I am too old", "I cannot do it"... mindset
- Do not know that they do not know about getting into shape
- Have that little black dress (they still can't fit into) hanging in their closets and it gets pushed further toward the back of the closet because it's just too depressing to look at
- Are into quick fixes, crash diets and fads
- Refuse to wear a bikini or any type of swimsuit for that matter
- Have not been to the beach in years because they are too self conscious (think muffin top; cellulite; stretch marks; lumps; bumps; rolls and folds - the list can go on)
- Believe that having a great body means starving yourself and working out 24-7
- Listen to and seek advice from the wrong people
- Have thrown in the towel and given up
Just a few years ago, I was the woman who admired cover models (I still do even though I am now one of them) on magazines such as Shape, Oxygen, Fitness RX for Women and many more. I was also the woman who purchased every magazine and book that promised to teach me how to get a 6 pack (I no longer do because I'm into glutes now). Honestly, I was not totally out of shape but I was not in love with what I saw in the mirror but somehow knew in the back of my head that I could have the body I wanted.
Actually, I was mortified when I went from Shanghai where I lived at the time to Thailand on holiday and realised one morning as I was getting dressed that my white linen pants could no longer get past my thighs. Suddenly, the wind was knocked out of me. I couldn't breathe, I started to experience cold sweats and all but fainted. I went in for the 'holiday quick fix' - I hid myself in sarongs, baggy clothes and skirts for the duration of the holiday. I'm sure there is a photo of me parasailing in a dress floating around somewhere - go figure (please don't laugh and I promise to share this pic in a future post). Truth be told, I actually had to shop for holiday clothes while on holiday because it had been winter in Shanghai and I had spent the prior weeks bundled up in spandex, long johns, layers and winter jackets so I had no clue about how rapidly my body was expanding. Actually, to some extent I did but I ignored it because that was the easiest thing to do.
I could have sat there with my linen pants stuck around my thighs but in that moment I decided enough was enough and declared that on my return to Shanghai, I would do something about my body. Lean in and listen closely - I returned to Shanghai, it was still winter, I dressed accordingly and of course because I was hidden in layers, I totally forgot about 'the declaration' I made in that hotel room the morning of my Grand Palace Temple Tour until I found myself 20lbs overweight, bloated, heard one too many persons say: "You are getting so fat" (what can I say, I have very honest friends) and having to fake smile it. One of the main things that really propelled me to take action was a photo someone took of me at a party and I was totally shocked at the way I looked because all along what I thought to myself was: "It's not so bad" - I was stuck in my comfort zone.
There is so much more to this story and the devil really is in the details. The story has the propensity to get long and I do not wish to bore you and longer. Truth be told, I needed someone to guide me, hold my hand, allay my fears and keep me accountable. Someone who had been there, done that; someone who could relate to how I was feeling, offer me a bit of empathy, motivation and inspiration. And yes, someone who knows how Magnums, chocolate, wine and twinkies can give you that 'come hither look' and call your name. I didn't have that; my Shanghai days rolled on and I could have enjoyed them more than I did if I had felt more comfortable in the body I was in. I am sharing this with you to let you know that YOU CAN HAVE THE BODY (when you make the DECISION to) you want and you owe it to yourself. Stop missing out on life because you do not have the body you want. Stop missing out on life because you do not have the body you want. Build the body; create the life and you will:
- Be so much more attractive
- Radiate happiness
- Have your curves in all the right places
- Love yourself and who you become in the process
- Have so much confidence in yourself and your abilities
- Be able to eat what you want and still have a body you love (and others admire)
- Improve your relationships
- Be detached from the number on the scale
- Finally have a flat (or flatter) stomach
- Be tight and toned instead of soft and jiggly
- Find your authentic voice
- Walk away from self betrayal
- Be the woman that other women aspire to be
- Be relaxed and have more fun
- Trust yourself so much more
I shared my experiences because I can related and also wanted to let you know that:
- Your desires are valid
- You can have whatever you want (including the body you want)
- If I can build a body I love, so can you (I am happy to show you how)
- Whatever you want wants you and is there for you - you just need to DECIDE
- You are not alone and you do not have to build the body you love alone
- Fear is real; is there to keep you safe AND you do not have to let it control you and keep you away from what you want
- I genuinely want to help and see you happy because ultimately, we all want the same thing
Since I'm in a super festive mood (and I feel badly about staying away from you for so long), if you share this with a friend I will be happy to honor the rate quoted here which just gave me an idea. Why don't you get together with a girlfriend who has been moaning about her body for ages and have me coach the both of you for the next 90 days? I've got to give you the heads up that there are a limited number of spaces on my 90 Day Build The Body Create The Life Coaching Program at this special rate so click on the gorgeous pic below (you can have a body like this in time for next bikini season OR before if you are committed, not just interested) and let's have a chat about what it is you really desire for your body and see if we are a good fit for each other. After all, because I know how to get you the body you want and because I look the part does not necessarily mean 'we are a match made in heaven' but do yourself a favor by finding out via my complimentary Get Started Session (you'll be happy you did).
Remember that by booking a complimentary Get Started Session you are not obligated to sign up to build the body you truly want via my 90 Day Coaching Program. If at the end of our session you feel that I am not the person who can help you Build The Body Create The Life, go ahead and use all the information I shared and insights you gathered during our conversation I guarantee you will still get results. Actually, I highly recommend this.
Go ahead; take a look at my calendar and choose a time that works best for you.
Answer me two quick questions; I'm really curious:
- What is the biggest body related challenge you are facing right now?
- What is the biggest challenge you are facing in your life right now?
In the meantime...Give thanks. Eat clean. Train hard. Sleep deep